When will the school open?
Legends Charter School will open in September 2020.
What grades will the school have?
Legends Charter School will start in 2020 with grades K-5 and add a grade every year until 8th grade.
Where will the school be located?
Legends Charter School's targeted location is the Largo-Hyattsville area, close to public transportation.
What is the school's Attendance Boundary
There are no attendance boundaries assigned to charter schools in Prince George's County.
Students may apply to attend any charter school of choice.
Is there transportation to and from Legends Charter School?
Transportation IS NOT provided by Prince George’s County Public Schools.
What are the hours?
Legends Charter School's hours are tentatively from 8:30 to 3:30
Does the school have a uniform?
Legends Charter School will not have a uniform requirement.
Will Legends offer Before and After Care?
Before and After Care will be available for a fee.
Before Care will begin at 7:00 am.
After Care concludes at 6:00 pm.
Is Legends Charter School really tuition free ?
All charter schools are tuition-free public schools.
How do I apply for a job at Legends Charter School?
Please visit our careers page at www.legendsschools.org/careers
How do I enroll my child at legends Charter School?
Mark your calendar for November 1st to enter the PGCPS Charter School Lottery for a seat at Legends.
If you currently live in Prince George’s County and your child is not enrolled in a public school, you must obtain a PGCPS issued student number for your child to apply through the lottery.
What is the Charter School Lottery?
Prince George’s County Public Schools maintains authority and oversight of the Public Charter School lottery. The lottery is a single, random lottery drawing that determines placement of applicants seeking admission into each of the Charter Schools. Placement offers are based on the number of seats at each school. There is one common application used for all of the Charter Schools. The application allows parents to select any Charter School their student is age and grade eligible for.
Disclaimer: An application submitted is never a guarantee of placement at any Charter School. Only one application per child/per school will be accepted. There is no advantage to submitting more than one application or submitting an application early.
Charter School Lottery Timeline
1st Workday, November- Lottery applications open online at www1.pgcps.org/charterslottery
Last Friday, January- Lottery applications close at 5pm
One week after the official lottery drawing parents are notified by U.S. Mail of lottery results
Getting a Student Number--- What Every Parent Should Know and Do Before Entering the Lottery!
Contact the school assigned for your home address to make arrangements to obtain the student number.
Your home school can be found by visiting School Finder at: http://gis.pgcps.org/schoolfinder/findschool2.asp
· Bring your child's original birth certificate and your proof of Prince George's County residence; you may use your deed, settlement papers or a lease or rental agreement to provide proof of residence;
· If you have residence other than the aforementioned please call the Pupil Accounting School Boundaries Office at 301-952-6300 for information on what documents to provide as your proof of residence);
· Inform the Secretary/Registrar that you need a student number to apply for the lottery. Remain at the school until the number is issued by the Secretary/Registrar. Use this number for application for your child to enter a Charter School;
· If your child has been home schooled, you must register with the Home Schooling Office at 301-333-1001 before entering the charter school lottery; Learn more about homeschooling procedures
· If your child's most current school was out of the country, you must enroll or re-enroll with the International Student Counseling Office at 301-445-8460 before entering the charter school lottery.
- See more at: http://www1.pgcps.org/charters/#sthash.vJ4l2ljK.dpuf.
· More details on registration can be found by visiting: http://www1.pgcps.org/communications/index.aspx?id=147067
My child is already a student in Prince George's County Public Schools - where would I find the student number?
Look at your child's report card. The student number is a 9 digit number starting with 000 or 10.
Or you can GO TO your child's school with proof of identity and request the student.
Proof of Residence
Proof of residence is a prerequisite of admission to the public schools. Such proof must have the name and address of the person registering the student listed. It must also be provided to school personnel with any change in residence or any change in schools. The person who is registering a student in Prince George’s County Public Schools for the first time must complete an Affidavit of Disclosure, as required by law, verifying their legal residence.
Proof of residence may be established by any of the following documents: settlement papers, lease agreement, rental receipt, deed of property, or a tax assessment bill. The documents must be originals, not copies. If there is a question regarding the validity of one of the proofs, school personnel may require additional information, such as a recent utility bill or employment verification. An individual may only have one principal residence and that residence is used to determine school assignments. In general, PGCPS follows the provisions of Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) to determine the principal residence.
Copyright © 2018 Equity Now, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Equity Now Inc. is a non-profit corporation with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status in the United States. U.S. EIN: 82-2008232
Powered by www.equitableink.solutions